Friday, June 29, 2012

Clean Teeth & Heart

Hello everyone,

For some reason I just can't seem to get this off my mind so I have to post it. I went to get my routine teeth cleaning this past Wednesday and I have to tell you I really look forward to the experience. I know weird right. I don't know if I liked doing this when I was younger but ever since I can remember I really enjoy it. I even go every 4 months and I am pretty sure it's mandatory every 6 months. 

Well there is a reason to this weird story... Teeth clean =  WHAT??? You have a healthy looking smile and you do everything you can to prevent cavity's or expensive dental work. After you get them cleaned you do what take care of them by brushing, floss (every once in a while for me I admit ;) and you keep up with the process. I even go to the extreme I don't drink juice, teas, coffee or anything that will stain, just water. 

After I left the dentist I licked my teeth and said "wow what a great feeling." My dental hygienist is fantastic,  thank you Lord for her open heart. Doc came in for a couple minutes told me they looked great, no cavities and I was free to go. 

I know all of you are wondering where is she going with this story..  

Most people first of all hate the dentist and don't enjoy going.. Right? When I left the dentist I compared my clean teeth to my new life. When I accepted the Lord into my heart back in Dec. of 2008 I said to myself Lord, I don't know what it means to walk with you BUT I am all yours. 

TEETH CLEAN = WHITE SMILE + Continual MAINTENANCE 


Exercise = New body (had to throw that in here) 

SALVATION = NEW YOU + Continual maintence 

By this meaning when you say I give my life to you Lord that is not the end of your salvation. I know as my experience I was wondering Ok.. what is next? I don't know anything about the Lord. How am I going to be HOLY right now when I am living in sin... ?  That was me then, I am now a new person, he convicted me of the sins and HE changed them for his good. This was NOT me. Just like my teeth, I didn't clean them my sweet dental hygienist cleaned my teeth but after I made sure to do my best to take care of them and do what she said. This is the same with your heart for the Lord... Tell him how much you love him but also show him by your actions. Keep the bible close by and meditate on it. 

Don't think just because you haven't had your teeth cleaned in 5 years doesn't mean you shouldn't go. It means you need it more than I do. Just being honest ;) 

Same with your salvations, just because you told the Lord 10 years ago you loved him, fell off, are confused about life, not putting God first, this doesn't mean you can't go back to him. He will welcome you with open loving arms. I always say in my mind God is a good God, repeat that God is a good God, say it again God is a good God.  He (key word he)  wants to make us holy. If you surrender don't worry about you doing it, he will do it with in you. Change your heart! 

You will wake up one day and say man looking back I can't believe I did this or wow thank you Lord for breaking me free from this. I myself have been healed from drugs using, cigarette smoking, constant self pitty, broken heart, grief of a loss, speaking profound to and about others and this list could go on. No I am not perfect but I do thank him every day for making me a new person. Memories are in the past, dreams are in the future. His will for my life truly makes me smile from ear to ear. 

I am clean and my heart has been made new. I do not know it all or even understand everything (never will till I get to Heaven) but I see how Christ has not only changed me but I can see clearly what he has done to those surrounding me. THANK YOU JESUS! 

My teeth are sparkling clean but so it my heart. They are both smiling right now. 

If you haven't given your life to Christ... It's never to late, he can make you new too. Ask him to come into your heart, your life will never be the same. This was the best decision I have ever and will ever make in my life. 

Love you all. Thanks for your prayers and continual love. God bless you, 

Mallery  

No comments:

Post a Comment