Sunday, July 1, 2012

1 of the top best races I've ever run in my life! ;)

I could not wait to write this post and share my wonderful experience with you all. 

Saturday June 30th, 2012 
Washington Alliance 5K 

My alarm went off about 5:20 a.m and I pressed the snoozed about 10 times before actually getting out of bed. I had 20 min to get ready before we were off to the race. I was so pumped because this was the second church race I had ever done. I hurried up got ready put my Jesus shirt on and could not stop smiling. I just knew it was going to be such a great day. 

We arrived about 1 hour before the race started and I thought to myself, let's head down sign up and talk to everyone after you run the 5K. I also wanted to do a short warm up because my legs were still sore from the hill work I did Tuesday..  The weather was perfect for a run,  no sun and race started at 8:30 a.m,  a bit humid but bearable. 

We start to walk down to the sign up table and these two guys get out of the car Cedric and Tyler. I looked at my best friend and said you see that guy "Cedric" didn't know his name at the time. I said I will put money on it that he wins the race. We both smiled and agreed. 

I then walked up to my beautiful sister in Christ Rachel, told her my name and she gave me a big smile and handed me my goodie bag. This was the best gift bag I had ever received in my entire life. I truly read it over, over and over. I even posted it on Facebook right after. Read it very slowly and think about the scripture message. 
I am the VINE, you are the BRANCHES. He who abides in me, and I in him, he is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 

This is very powerful, I am nothing without Christ. Amen. 
RUN FOR JESUS! 


This was a very special memory that I will never forget. After the race I started talking to a wonderful couple (husband & wife) about their two precious adopted children from China. You know me had to know the entire story. I started asking questions (me=Ms. neb nose) and by the end of the story I had chills down my spine, goose bumps all over my body and the tears (you'd be proud) I held them back. It is truly amazing what they did for these two children. You can just see in mom and dad's eyes the love they have for their two little ones! It always brings a smile to my face to hear inspiring stories like this. Just want to thank this family, my heart will be touched forever! 

 This is the little boy Nate on my back. He and his sister decided to race each other. They asked me to join them and Nate was treading many feet behind her. I turned around and went back to get him 
(I couldn't let him finished behind me) so I said jump on my back. He was like no and kinda looked scared I said it's ok really we will try and catch up to your sister. He hurried up and jumped right on and then started yelling run, run to his sister as we caught up... I started cracking up and said "who's side are you on?" It was a blast! I could not stop laughing as you can see in the picture. ;) My heart was racing too, thought it would be easy running with extra weight, was harder than I thought.. especially with my limp legs. What joy kids bring into your life. I cherish all parents in this world!!  Thanks Nate for trusting me and just jumping on some strangers back. When he was finished he said I am ready to go again. His sister said nope I am finished. Lord, thank you for this awesome morning. 

This was the very best part of my entire day. I ran the 5K and yes I did finish 1st in my age group but, didn't even compare to this joy!!!!!!! 

I got to meet many aweseome Christians today and also discussed my ministries vision. Lord, I pray that you will open many many doors and make way for Mallery Schaffer Ministries to grow. 

Cedric did win the race and I am proud of his hard work and dedication. I pray that he will glorify you Lord with his gifts and the natural talent you have given him. 
Philippians 3:14
"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

At the end of this day I was exhausted but I remember I went to bed with a big HUGE smile on my face! ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) GOD YOU ARE AMAZING! I LOVE YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment