Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Laundromat

When you think of the laundromat what picture do you see in your mind?

Well, I think of the germs... so for me I would always think of everyone's dirty clothes being washed before mine. It would just gross me out and I would say "never will I use the matt to wash my clothes"  Actually, when I was looking for my first apartment, my request was washer and dryer please.

AND.. When I was younger obviously I did my laundry at my moms house. Well, to be honest mom did my laundry till I was about 20 (embarrassed to even admit that) :) so with that said I am still learning to this day how to do my laundry correctly (whites/darks/hang dry)  

Let's talk now,  I am 26...   I have a washer and dryer in my building but it takes about 2 hours to dry 1 small loud and I end up doing laundry for seriously 5 hours. Especially because I let my laundry pile up for weeks and weeks! (be honest you do it too) I've joked with my clients and said I have 16 loads of laundry and they just laugh because I put it off entirely to long. 

Today, I had the morning off and my plan was to wake up nice and ealry to do all my laundry (more than 16 loads) + my comforter and sheets! I got up ate breakfast and sat right on the sofa, felt comfortable and I was thinking hmm... Maybe I will do it tomorrow. I could wake up extra early? No, No, No I said to myself get it done, you have really put it off far to long!! 

Just picture this in your mind, Mallery pulling up to the Laundromat jamming to k-love. I was lifting my hands praising, so happy, had a big smile on my face. :) I get out of the car walk into the matt and put all the laundry on the counter, head back out to lock my car. I was ready for action to get it done! 

I came back in and as I did I noticed this older man smiling right at me, I said to him "How you doing" He said "I am great how about you?"  I said very well, thank you for asking.  I took a look at the 2 big washers and seen they were taken, no biggie I thought I will use 4 of the smaller washers. I turned and started talking to the nice gentleman he said to me"I seen God in you as soon as you pulled in the parking lot."  He went on to say I really enjoy listening to K-love every morning. That sparked the conversation and we had a 20 min conversation about our amazing Lord and savior! 

He opened up his heart and told me he was in the past crack addict and was strung out. I was really into what he had to tell me, his testimony was outstanding. He went on to say that the Lord has really changed his life and that he will never go back to his old ways. I was so inspired and asked him to tell me the story when he decided to give his life to Christ. He said he was 43 and very lost, his girlfriend at the time was really involved in the church. He would go with her but, it wasn't heart felt,  he explained it like just going through the emotions. He said it was one day he woke up and the Lord really spoke to him and said this is what I want you to do. Go to this program and I will heal you from this addiction forever. He said from that day forward he has been clean from everything. I then asked him "how long have you been free from your addictions?" 

His response was "I am no longer a recovering addicted, my past has been washed away"  It has been 10 years all thanks to Jesus!!!! I could have screamed I was so happy to hear this. I said since that day you have been clean from all drugs, he said yep even alcohol! I was so proud and really inspired by his story. God had us cross paths for a reason. I lost my uncle, my aunt and my father from drugs. It was so uplifting to hear someone say I am healed by the love of Jesus. He told me what church he went to and the pastors name, I will be attending the Wednesday night classes as soon as I get back from my mission trip! 

When I think of this inspiring, uplifting story a scripture keeps coming to mind 2 Corinthians 5:17 "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" Amen! 

Please keep Lamar in your prayers. Pray he will be used mightily to glorify the Lord with his strong testimony of faith. 

I have to tell you the honest truth. I enjoy the Laundromat! :)  Everything is in his plan. 

Ask the Lord to make you new, ask him to take away your addictions and free you forever. God can heal you just like he did Lamar. 

I love you all so much!!!  Thanks for your prayers and support! 


No comments:

Post a Comment