Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pray for Reece & Rubino Family


Saturday 7/7/12 2012 Reece's Round Up 5K 

I woke up early this morning and said to myself, Lord I know that today is going to be an amazing day. I am running for you Lord but, today I would also like to run for a special little boy named Reece. 

I got online and pulled up the Reece's Round up 5K website http://www.reecesroundup.com/  The song on the site really touched my heart and these words really stuck in my head "even if you fall sometimes you will have the strength to rise." 

Reece was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, the doctor said he will not live past the age of 2 and will never sit up, walk, run or hold a baseball.  

He's living proof at the age of 5 that all things are possible with God.  

Jeff and Lesa Rubino (Reece's mother& father) said what family wouldn't do the same. They all as a family pull together to help Reece. 

Lesa's exact words "it's faith and with God all things are possible." They also said "we are going to do everything we can to give him a great life." Amen. 

Reece has 4 machines that keep him alive and a daily gentle beating on his chest to clear his airways 



After reading about Reece I was so ready to go out and give this my all. I was thrilled to meet Reece and tell him "I am running for you my man" The trophy I receive goes to you! 

The picture below is Reece and I before the run 

I gave him a kiss on his forehead and said a little prayer to myself Lord keep me strong. 


Lesa (Reece mother) informed me the picture above is actually the first time he has ever written. 
It's a picture of him on the left telling the two people to workout harder to win on the biggest loser. 
His dream is to be a personal trainer on the TV show the biggest loser.  
He goes to school online and someone teaches him in person as well. 
Doctors and school teachers told them he would never write in his life. How amazing! 
I told him I was a personal trainer and he smiled ;) What joy! 

They called my name Mallery Schaffer 1st place in age group. I didn't even have the desire to jump up and down like I normally do. To be honest I wanted to start crying my eyes out but I kept them back and went up to him and said I ran this race for you. Our strength is in the Lord and know that I am praying for you every single day! I said to him "I love you so much" He looked into my eyes and I could feel his little heart beating out of his chest. I said "don't ever give up"  


My trophy went to Reece! 
No reward could replace these special memories.  The true gift today was meeting the Rubino family. It made my entire day and I will thank God for this always! 


Reece prays every night to Jesus. I ask that you join him and ask the Lord to heal his body and that he will have the strength to stand up and walk! 

Pictures of Reece and his family 

What a great committed family. I look forward to this race next year.

New friends that I met at the race. I spot out the ones with pups. ;) 

Lord, as I close this blog. I want to thank you again for this wonderful family, my BFF and all the people that were at this race supporting the Rubino's. We believe in you Jesus!
 Keep the prayers going everyone. 

Love you all!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment