Friday, November 2, 2012

Romans 12:12

Hi. Hi. Hi. Day # 3. I'm becoming a good blogger. Makes me smile! :) I can do this...

Today, I woke up knowing that God has given me another day to serve him. I had a great big smile on my face because I had not planned anything for today but I knew It was going to be filled with his love.. My exact prayer to him was "Lord I trust your plan for my day"  I really wanted God to guide my every step.  

I then posted this on FB Romans 12:12 – "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer." 

1. I rejoiced in hope today knowing that Christ has full control of my life. 

2. Patient in Tribulation: In life we face many hard times and it breaks our hearts to pieces!  We don't understand and sometimes question everything! This gives us the opportunity to dig into his word and grow our faith in Jesus! I tell myself this all the time "Mallery be patient with yourself"  God will use your hurt to help encourage someone in the future. 

3. “continue steadfastly” comes from an original word that means to be diligent or earnest towards a goal. Sometimes it is translated as “being devoted to” or to be “constant in”. Pray CONSTANTLY, I remember the first time I asked Jesus to come into my life. This was the best decision I have EVER made. You don't have to pray out load all the time, today I prayed more than I can count and most were in my head silently. He hears our hears and prayers... He will answer in his timing! 

+  All three of these challenging phrases point to Christ. He is the source of our hope, the reason for our joy, the strength in our tribulations, the model for our patience, and the audience of our prayers.   


Now, back to my day today. . . 

He blew me away, like he always does!  I tried so many new things today! I encourage you to step outside of your normal routine and let God do the rest... Today was awesome! 

#1. I went to the tailor to hem my jeans (great new experience) I even got a hanger with shiny plastic over it. I asked the lady "do I get the hanger too" Yep, true story. 
#2. Checked out a new little organic store next to the tailor shop "All gluten free" Picked up a couple new protein bars" 
#3. Had veggie homemade hummus and pumpkin soup (Thanks to my lovely friends/clients) Yum!
#4. Donated lots of old clothes, purses, shoes, movies, books and DVD's to the Good Will 
#5. Took Gram to ALDI's to grocery shop (this would be on the patience prayer) My cousin Ty has more energy than any kid I know. I truly prayed a million times asking God to show me how to handle him with wisdom and love. ;) 

Today was a day that I had not planned anything and let the Lord do his work. He already had everything mapped out. I lost count in my head of  how many times I told someone God Bless you or have a blessed evening...  20 +  Even the not so nice gentleman at the toll.  

What an amazing day I had!!! Words can't express how thankful I am for all my friends/family... 

The conclusion of this post is ROMANS 12:12  "HOPE, PATIENCE, PRAYER" 

Love you all! So much! So much! So much! 

Heading to bed, have a race at 10 a.m tomorrow. Big day! Marathon next Sat.. Yahoo!! 
Will post pics, praying for lots of pups to love on! :) :) :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment