Thursday, November 1, 2012

What's love?


Hello all my lovely friends! 

I am back to blog again! Wow, two days in a row. That is a record. :) 

Today, I felt really lead to post this! What do you think of when that word LOVE comes up in a conversation? Is it your spouse, fitness, working out, your job, your friends, family or food? That is just a few... Some people love money, cars, clothes, shoes or animals to name a few. 
Thank about this questions long in hard, what do you love and who do you truly love?

... Now, while you write a list of people you love, I want to share a heart felt story with you!  

I had an encounter with a gentleman while waiting in the doctors office with my mom. His exact words "I don't know if I should be sharing this with you" Tell you the honest truth, I get that a lot from people. They say I really don't know why I am sharing my heart with you or wow I never told anyone this before. My heart overflows when I hear that because I truly feel that it's something they have been waiting to share. Maybe it's trust or a sense of being in a vulnerable state of mind or could it be love? He went on to tell me that his wife had passed away at age 67 (3 years ago) from cancer. He told me that she was beautiful, smart and the BEST was how God brought them together. I was so intregued by his story and  could not wait to hear what he had to say next! You know when your watching a movie and it's a suspenseful part and your like waiting anxiously to see what's going to happen. That was totally me today. ;) He told me how much he loved and cared for her. Oh how I could see the hurt in his eyes. Then I said will you ever remarry? He said NOPE. I started to wonder after talking with him, will I find someone that loves me like that? When will my Boaz come?   Then it hit ME!!! Hello.....  Hello...... Hello.....  Now back to the word LOVE,  did you write a list of things you love? What came to mind? 

I was totally convicted today, the Lord said I LOVE you! Love me back, be obedient to me and the man of your dreams will come in my time. 

Let those words sink in. What does love mean to you? I say all the time, "I love animals,
 I love food, I love working out, I love life . . . When in reality JESUS is calling "I am the only one that can fill your heart! Let it be OVER FLOWING with love for me. Amen! Yes, things and people can make us happy and feel loved BUT they will never fully satisfy our souls. God is love! 

* I was reviewing a sermon I made up back in March of this year. This was from the ladies Transform fitness group. Look below are my notes... 

Obedience comes from the heart 
All my heart is for Mallery Schaffer Ministries because it’s Gods will for my life! Fitness came first and he said you will have nothing without faith. My heart rate sky rockets every time someone comes up to me and says “your going to preach or I can see you on the pulpit” I just want to cry tears of joy & that didn’t come over night. I still have a long way to go!   It was by me giving God my heart and exercising my faith therefore it is getting stronger each day. 


Now, I want to re-correct that and say ALL MY HEART LOVES JESUS, Mallery Schaffer Ministries is a tool to minister to women and help them to transform Gods temple. 

1 John 4:7-8  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.



No comments:

Post a Comment