Thursday, March 8, 2012

3/7/12 Transform

Beyond Anger - Proverbs 29:8 "Mockers stir up a city, but the wise turn away anger." (I love the NKJ version) 

You will find people in this world that love to stir up the world, in our city, in our work or the atmosphere we are in.  No matter where it may be this is the perfect opportunity for you to be wise and NOT to let it stir you up.. TURN away from anger. Replace anger with Gods love with every part of you. Amen! 

Here is a common example that could start your day off on the wrong foot, IF YOU LET IT: 

 * I talked with a friend at my church and asked him what has he seen change since accepting the Lord in his heart. Oh this is important, want to remind you he drives a truck for a living, his answer was: ROAD RAGE wow how amazing... This is a very common anger people face every day. Why???? Don't let it. When I was younger I use to tell people off, cut people off, speed to LOOK THEM IN THE FACE, not let people in while in traffic. FOR what? That will get you where. . .?  Really. I'm so blessed now that I think about it that I didn't mess with the wrong person. I at times would get so angry and it would be an older women or man. I would be like oops I just told an elder off. Not nice Mallery... Really! I now normally let everyone go while in traffic (they might get to destination 1 sec early) I smile and wave at people that cut me off and at times someone will make me really angry and I'll take a breather and realize I am just blessed I didn't get in a bad accident. Amen. 

Are you sometimes a hothead girl (I love this devo book) If so, here's something to remember your temper is either your MASTER or your servant. Either you control it, or it controls you. And the extent to which you allow anger to rule your life will determine, to a surprising extent the quality of your relationship with others and your relationship with God.  Now this was very true for me, this is a story of how I could have let the devil steal my walk with the Lord. The second service at Victory Family Church my pastor John preached about homosexuality which made me angry. I was new to my walk and didn't really understand the subject. I felt at the time like walking out and never going back! I remember leaving there saying "did he really talk about this??" Are you kidding me... I had to reach out to someone because it really hit me hard in an all out bad way! I asked a great Godly mentor about this and also started looking up scripture on the subject..  I remember reading this link: 

Scriptures on homosexual relationships  I am posting this out of love, not to judge or mock anyone. God loves you and so do I. I pray this will expand your knowledge and open your heart as it did to me. 

Now you can see how this could have made me so angry that I never stepped foot into another church? 
That night after leaving, I had to set my OWN feelings aside and ask God to help me! I remember saying "God I have people in my life that I truly love that are in this type of relationship,  help me seek knowledge and wisdom on this." I remember that feeling of being so angry and down right just confused.  

It took me a bit of asking questions, studying scripture and praying to know that my love will never change for them. I will keep praying that their lives are transformed through Gods love. Amen. 

Anger and peace cannot coexist in the same mind. So obey God's word by turning away from anger today and every day. You'll be glad you did and so will your family and friends. I only share this story with you because It says it will make your family happy, listen I know from experience. When I was a child my father had an illness called bipolar and it causes you to lash out and all out snap. I remember at a young age my father yelling (SO CLOSE) in my face. I do not like to look back and believe me I have forgiven him for this. I also have peace in my heart he's in Heaven now and I know I will see him again someday but, I remember the feeling I had when he would yell so loud and call me every bad swear word or name. Don't do this to your kids, do not let the anger take control of your life because it not only puts a damper on you, it puts it on your family as well. You are the MASTER of your ANGER! 

Life is to short to spend it being angry, board, or dull. Amen, replace your frown with a smile. Don't be angry. When I see someone down, dull or just down right MAD. I give them a big smile. It truly has changed someone attitude right then at that very moment. Try it the next time no matter where you are 
"go grocery shopping (my very favorite) and smile instead of frown"  be thankful you have money for food instead of complain about everything know to man kind. 

Write this down: Anger is the noise of the soul; the unseen irritant of the heart: the relentless invader of silence.  - Max Lucado 

Anger truly does invade your mind, how powerful is this? Listen up if your mad at your parents, sister, brother, sister or anyone (FAMILY/FRIENDS) Call, email, text, reach out to them in any way you can. DO IT NOW:  I say this because I have made this mistake, really I blamed my family, friends for the way I was but, now I thank them for being a blessing in my life. If you don't talk with your dad or your mom because your angry at them, you might have a good reason and everyone is saying don't ever talk to them again, no put this in your past. Tell them how much they mean to you! I know you feel like this might be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life. BUT This life is to short to be angry...  Reach out and replace anger with LOVE. Amen! 
 
Psalms 145 "The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to ANGER and abounding in steadfast LOVE"

I wanted to share just a few of the blessings I received today! Thank you Lord: 

Strength of the Journey comes as you go! Amen. 

I'm cheering you on all the way! 
Thank you Kristen for your love, prayer and support. 

In the small letters it says "But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind." 

Now this little man is just so precious!!!! I had to take a picture of baby Robert when he walked in the gym. It was so cute to see him looking around at everything the weights, the people,  checking out the scene... Man, I know he will be an athlete just like his dad. On another note, I love his family, I pray for Merett, Rob and little baby Robert that they will have an awesome blessed future together as a family!!! 
Amen. 

 Father in the name of Jesus,  I want to thank you for each and every blessing today!  I am so thankful to have another day to serve you. Amen. I love you Lord. 

Thank you all for you continued love and support. Please continue to pray that God will reveal Mallery Schaffer Ministry treasurer. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment