Monday, March 12, 2012

3/9/12 Transform

Y'all I want to share something with you, it's so very important, pay attention to what I am about to write and express to you- - -  I LOVE YOU! I so appreciate your patience, I know this should have been posted days ago. 


Let me rewind back to Friday a.m, I remember pulling myself out of bed. I was so looking forward to praising God. I was also really happy to see all my dedicated ladies. I could not wait to give big hugs! 


I arrived about 5:55 a.m and we started up the music and praised God for another day. The 1/2 hour working out always fly's by so quickly! It was such a small group so we started chatting about how amazing God truly is. Wow. We are so blessed. 


The devotion was about the possessions we own and the possessions that own us. 1 Tim 6:7-8 "We brought nothing in the world, so we can take nothing out. But, if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that."

--- We cannot carry anything out! --- 


What are material things to you? 


Your car, clothes, jewelry, shoes, makeup, bigger house and this list could go on and on! New trends come out every day. 


How important is the stuff you own? Not as important as you might think. In the life of a committed Christian, material possessions should play a rather small role. In fact, when we become overly enamored with the things we own, we needlessly distance ourselves from the peace that God offers to those who place him at the center of their lives.

I did this with my car (pic below) 
Now that debt owns me. I am a servant to it and can't wait for it to be paid off. I would ride around in a 1987 car now as long as it got me from A-B.. LOL! 


Of course, we all need the basic necessities of life, but once we meet those needs for ourselves and for our families, the piling up of possessions creates more problems then it solves. Our real riches of course, are not the world. We are never really rich until we are RICH IN SPIRT!! AMEN!

Proverbs 28 "A faithful person will be richly blessed but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished"

Order your soul; reduce your wants; associate in Christian community; obey the laws; trust in providence! I love this book (Learning to Follow Christ)

Are you one of those girls who sometimes finds herself (I was this) wrapped up in the concerns of the material world? If so, it's time to reorder your priorities by turning your thoughts and your prayers to more important matters. And, it's time to begin storing up riches that will endure throughout eternity; the spiritual kind Amen!

I now think about every single $ I spend and how it is glorifying God. Where I buy clothing or what clothing I buy (like it to say scripture)  giving to my church family (tithing) giving to people, give to suffering animals or shelters, christian places I frequently eat out at, hair stylist, food I buy etc. 


Do not let your possessions own you, be a MASTER of your possessions not a servant! 


Every dollar you give to Mallery Schaffer Ministries is to make a difference eternally (forever) I am so thankful for your continued love, support and prayer. I love you never forget this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment